Perspectives on Anarchist Theory publishes an annual print issue, and posts essays online year round. The current print issue is on the theme of “Power” and is available from AK Press. If you would like to write for Perspectives, please keep our format requirements in mind:
All submissions should meet the following format requirements:
- Please follow the Chicago Manual of Style for general format and citation guidelines.
- Please share your essay as a Word doc.
- Please use endnotes rather than footnotes and keep notes to a minimum.
- Type your endnotes directly into the text. Please do not use the “insert note” function in Word, as it is incompatible with our layout software.
- Do not include page numbers on your manuscript.
- Do not indent new paragraphs. Use a line break instead.
- Please keep in mind that we seek to share these ideas with a broad readership; write in accessible, clear language. Do not assume an academic audience.
- Be sure to include your name and reliable contact information, as well as a brief (3-6 sentence) bio that you would like printed alongside your article.
Please prepare your manuscript as thoroughly as you can before sending it along for consideration. If you have a concept for an article but are unsure how to develop and refine the ideas or language, we are happy to help you out with the writing process, particularly if you have never written for publication before. As with any publication, please familiarize yourself with our work before submitting.
Send your work or a query to: PerspectivesOnAnarchistTheory@gmail.com
Perspectives has not yet issued a Call for its next print issue, however you can submit work for our online publication via email following the above submission guidelines.